Blunk & RagePixel
Here is a link to the game: Blunk
My last post was many sunsets ago, but such is life.
On Christmas, I had one week off from work, and noticed the Unity 3.5 and their Flash contest. First I thought that I don’t want to “waste” my Christmas for coding, but soon came to my senses. I think sitting in front of a computer screen is a proper, noble and legal way to spend the holidays. My Mrs. didn’t agree, though.
I saw a triple opportunity in the contest:
- Get to the top10 and win something
- Take the new RagePixel toolset through it’s first real project
- Free pre-launch visibility for the product
My biggest risks were:
- RagePixel is still too rough for production use
- Top10 is crowded by quality pre-made games by massive teams
- My wife is killing me for ruining the Christmas
Now that the game is done, I couldn’t be happier. RagePixel, despite it’s rough edges, delivered way better than I expected:
- Making assets was fun and fast. Finished 5 days early!
- I have a realistic shot into the top10
- She lets me live. For now.